Friday, December 12, 2008

The Big Day.

Today is the day. We leave Tanzania. I have been alright for the most part, which is surprising... I think I am starting to take the mindset that goodbyes are a part of life. I have come to realize that the cliche is quite true and there really are people who will come into your life and touch your heart and impact who you are and some will stay for a lifetime while others will leave after a short time - you just have to be thankful for their presence.
As much as I hate the false hope that it gives, Jimmy's saying keeps running through my head, 'Mountains will never meet but people will meet again.'
I suppose the tough thing for me now will be to find out how I can carry who I am and what I've learned here with me. It will be difficult to transition back to living in the States without falling back into the old habits and culture that has pulled me away from my dreams lately. But that is all a part of the learning process and it is the next stage of learning from this experience.
As Natalie and I said before she left, we are just moving on to the next stage of life. I am comforted by the ease with which I can communicate with people from here and the fact that I know I will return some day soon.
Peace out Tanzania... I will see you again soon. US, get ready... I'm coming back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you!