Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Handful of Photos and An Apology

First I was wondering if there is anything in particular that you want to hear about. I encourage you to post comments at any time with any questions or topics you'd like me to cover while I'm here.
Second, I apologize that there have been three posts yesterday and another today - power and internet have been pretty spotty so I've just been writing my blog updates as they come to mind and saving them to my computer until a later time. So they all were posted yesterday when we got power back. And the photos take so long to upload so I need a considerable amount of time to post them. I'm still hoping to post a video or two, but that will depend entirely on if I can get a fast enough internet connection. So here are the photos (I tried to keep the ones form the same days together, but they are in pretty much no particular order).
Enjoy.....


I wanted to find a tree like the one that Rafiki (meaning 'friend' in Kiswahili) in 'The Lion King' lived in. And here it is.


Some of the most majestic trees you only see in fairytales

Steve tree climbing


Tim tree hugging .... I'm starting to think this may be commonplace for Tim.


Our big backyardHomes around the church where the baptism were held.
Drummer wandering around at Christina's baptism


Playing with the cameras has been popular entertainment


Massai choir at Christina's baptism

The girl of the hour... or five hours

Baraka (Luka's nephew) - him and Lucy loved taking our cameras and being our personal photographers.

One of the four choirs at Christina's baptism


Lucy (Luka's 9 y old niece) - I love this photo because it is such a face I would make. :)


Cattle Market

In the cattle market.... not so sure I want to eat meat anymore.


Anna (the 19 yr old German Kindergarten teacher) trying on traditional Massai clothing
Sunrise over LJS




Peace.

2 comments:

kmatchulat said...

All these pictures make me smile because I know you are in your element and having a great experience. Looking forward to seeing some with you in them too!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so much! I really like the pictures too! Post all the ones you have! Do you have more pictures of the facilities you are staying at and learning in?

one of your readers,
Joshua Stibb