Saturday, September 27, 2008

Walking Through God’s Playground

I’ve now been on two walks around the LJS property and each time, though I’ve taken the same path, it has shown me something new and beautiful. This last walk was with one of the German students here, Bernard. When we were walking, I noticed the vast dichotomy among our surroundings – right in front of us was a dry, grassland and just a ways a head of us was a lush forest. But, for me, the best thing was walking and letting my hand grace over the plants along the path. I could almost feel the life between my fingers. It was beautiful, the cracked earth beneath my feet and vibrant life between my fingers. The plants are so much more than pretty things to look at; they support the life around them. It is a beautiful thing to see and definitely something I will miss when I go back home. Those walks were the classic times when you can see the fun God must have had in creating life.
Peace.

No comments: