Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting Mentally Ready To Move Onto The Next Stage...

Today was a little rough for me... this morning I said goodbye to Natalie and Florian. I can't express how grateful I am that they have been here for the past five weeks - they have been like family to me. Evenings here at LJS simply won't be the same without them. I wish them both the best of luck. As I was saying goodbye to Natalie, we talked about how it is just that we are moving onto the next stage. I think that is truly an appropriate explanation of what is going on right now.
I feel like I am in an awkward transition right now - I have two weeks left in this place that has completely stolen my heart but I also have people back in the States who I am excited to see and talk to again. Tomorrow we head off to Zanzibar until Thursday night. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the trip. I am excited to see what Zanzibar will be like but at the same time, this would be the last week that most of the teachers will be here.
Life seems to be in limbo... I am trapped between two worlds right now. The world in which I must live to finish my education so I am able to come back here and the world in which I want to spend the rest of my life. Right now I can't imagine what things will be like back home. I think it will take me a few days to realize that I have left Tanzania and that I won't be back for a little while. I have found my motivation and my reason for doing what I want to do. I have found my love and my passion again.
Peace.


Some people without whom this amazing experience wouldn't have been the same or even be possible:
Bariki.
Moreto.
Sylvester. Possibly the best resource I have consistently used here to practice my Swahili.
Anna.
Kidege. Always smiling and loves to say "My Mungu!"
Natalie and Florian.
Ancy.
Agnus.
Jimmy (and Catuk - the Indian couple's baby).
Luka Ramadani - PH's right hand man. Church builder, evangelist, driver, husband, father, family man, etc.
Me, Natalie, and Anna.
Florian - always one to make me laugh.
Natalie and I at the Orphanage. I felt like I could talk to Natalie about nearly everything... we bonded fairly quickly and saying goodbye to her was the most difficult thing I've had to do on this trip so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would hope that everyone who has read your blog would leave you a comment, just so you know there are people out there following your journey with you. Let's see if you get some. Love you.

Emily said...

Sara-
I think I left a comment on on of your first posts. It has been so wonderful to see your passion and faith unfold through the words of your posts. You have taught us much in the last three months and you will continue to teach all those you come in to contact with once home.

Tanzania is your home.
It will always be a part of who you are.
Hold on to that.

Love,
EmilyRa