Thursday, October 30, 2008

Addition to 'I Like Your Face'

*The last post was full of pictures so please check them out as well.

In our lesson today I asked Moreto why people said I had a nice face (uso mzuri). He told me that some said I had the face of a child that was just born. I asked why they say that and he gave a very lengthy response.
1) When children are only a day or two old, they have white skin, so people say wazungu (white people) look like newborns.
2) I have soft skin and hair like a newborn baby.
3) I apparently have the chin of a child - I'm not sure how, so I'm willing to accept any explanations of this.
4) Babies are always smiling and laughing (not that other people are angry) and I have a tendency to do just that while we are at the villages.
Guess that gives me a 'baby face' - but hey, not bad things so I'll take it as a nice compliment.
Peace.

No comments: